The WVU Institute of Technology men’s basketball team will play NAIA powerhouse Mountain State University in Charleston, West Virginia, at the Charleston Catholic High School Athletic Complex, announced WVU Tech Director of Athletics Frank Pergolizzi. The game is scheduled for Friday, December 30, with tipoff scheduled for 7:30 pm.
“We are excited to have our men’s basketball team play in Charleston,” said Pergolizzi. “This gives us the opportunity to showcase our team to a different audience.”
“We are excited to renew our rivalry with Mountain State this year in the capital city,” said WVU Tech Head Men’s Basketball Coach Bob Williams. “This is a good opportunity for our alumni and friends to see a high caliber of NAIA Division I basketball. The Charleston Catholic complex is a great venue for this game.”
“Charleston Catholic is excited to host this NAIA basketball game between coach Bob Williams and the Golden Bears of WVU Tech and Mountain State University at our Charleston Catholic Athletic Facility,” explained Charleston Catholic Athletic Director Bill Gillispie.
Tickets for the game are priced at $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for children and will be available at the door. WVU Tech will host alumni and friends before the game and at halftime in the Alumni Room at the complex. The Charleston Catholic Athletic Complex is located at 10 Dee Drive in Charleston.
DIRECTIONS TO CHARLESTON CATHOLIC ATHLETIC COMPLEX
1. Exit I-77/I-64 at Exit 99 (Greenbrier). Turn north towards airport.
2. Make first right turn Hillcrest Drive.
3. Follow Hillcrest Drive up the hill (past left turn to Charleston YMCA).
4. Pass Wells Fargo office building on right.
5. Just beyond Wells Fargo bear right into Hillcrest Office Park.
6. Make first left Players Club Road
7. Athletic complex is second building on the left (10 Dee Drive).
8. Charleston Catholic puts out directional signs on game nights.