Lights! Camera! Action!
In celebration of Homecoming 2012 WVU Tech is sponsoring a video contest for all current students. Tell us why WVU Tech is your “Home, home in the hills” and you could win!
First Place $500
Second Place $250
Third Place $100
1. Create your video following the listed requirements and email it to Tech-Relations-Communications@mail.wvu.edu.
2. Include the following with your submission: name(s) of participating students, student organization (if applicable) and video title.
3. Video submission deadline is October 20. Videos submitted after the deadline will not be eligible.
1. Video must be 30 to 90 seconds in length.
2. No profane language, violence, sex or personal attacks on people or organizations.
3. Avoid violating copyright laws or using brand names or logos other than WVU Tech’s in your video. All contest submitters agree not to make any commercial use of those portions of their submissions, which use the WVU Tech trademarks without prior written approval from WVU Tech.
4. Your video must be original content created, directed and produced by students for this contest. Do not submit a video that has been submitted elsewhere.
5. Videos must be QuickTime/MOV, WMV, MPEG or AVI.
6. Make sure the video is no larger than 50 MB.
7. Download release forms [Snippet Error: This file has been deleted.] for all of the people featured in your video. You must provide the WVU Tech with the forms if requested.
By entering the contest, you grant WVU Tech a perpetual, royalty-free license to use your video, in any media, for any promotional purpose. You grant WVU Tech permission to edit, modify, format, or adapt your video for WVU Tech’s purposes at WVU Tech’s sole discretion. Except for the cash prizes awarded to the top three winners of the video contest, no other compensation in any manner will be paid to any entrant of the video contest for the submission to WVU Tech or WVU Tech’s future use of the video in any manner.
All current WVU Tech students are eligible to enter, including individual students and student organizations.
Contact the Office of Relations & Communications at 304.442.3131.