212 Old Main
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Summer 2016 Important Dates
|Friday, May 20, 2016||Payment Due Date for Summer 2016 Courses that begin the week of May 16, 2016|
|Wednesday, June 8, 2016||Payment Due Date for Summer 2016 Courses that begin the week of June 6, 2016|
|Wednesday, June 29, 2016||Payment Due Date for Summer 2016 Courses that begin the week of June 27, 2016|
|Wednesday, July 20, 2016||Payment Due Date for Summer 2016 Courses that begin the week of July 18, 2016|
Fall 2016 Important Dates
|Monday, June 6, 2016||Student Health Insurance Waiver Site Opens for Fall 2016|
|Tuesday, July 5, 2016||Fall 2016 Charges Assessed/Bills will be available on the WVU Portal|
|Wednesday, July 27, 2016||Fall 2016 Payment Deadline|
|Wednesday, July 27, 2016||Insurance Opt-Out Deadline|
|Monday, August 8, 2016||Refunds for overpayment processed|
|Wednesday, August 17, 2016||First Day of Classes & Late Registrant Fall 2016 Payment Deadline|
|Tuesday, August 23, 2016||Last day to add classes and drop without a “W”|
|Friday, September 2, 2016||1.5% Late fee assessed on remaining Fall 2016 account balances equal to and/or greater than $200|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why am I being directed to the WVU Office of Student Accounts in Morgantown?
As a division of West Virginia University, WVU Tech’s billing is administered by the Office of Student Accounts on the WVU main campus in Morgantown. The WVU Tech Business Office is available to assist students, parents and other authorized individuals with a range of services including collecting and processing payments, providing information about student account balances and payment schedule deadlines.
2. When is the payment deadline?
Fall 2016 tuition and fees are due in full by Wednesday, July 27, 2016 and August 17, 2016 (First Day of Classes) for students who register after July 27, 2016.
3. Does WVU offer a payment plan?
Yes! Tuition Pay is an interest free, monthly payment plan offered through Higher One. Students can enroll in either a 3 month payment plan (Summer), 5 month payment plan (One Semester) or a 10 month payment plan (Two Semesters/Academic Year). For more details or to enroll in Tuition Pay, visit http://studentaccounts.wvu.edu/tuition-payment-plan
4. Why have I not received a bill?
The Office of Student Accounts does not mail paper bills to students. Students’ bills must be viewed electronically through STAR. Email notifications about account balances are sent to students’ MIX email address.
5. I’m a parent - how do I know when something is due on my child’s account?
Students may add up to two eBill email addresses in STAR. This will allow parents or other authorized individuals to receive an electronic carbon-copy of any billing notification sent to the student’s MIX email. Simply select “Update Student & Parent E-Mail Addresses” under the “Personal Information” on the STAR system.
6. If I make any changes to my class schedule, when will that be updated on STAR?
Changes to your schedule will automatically be reflected on under “Electronic Bill by Term.” Financial aid, however, will not be automatically adjusted. If you are dropping below full-time hours or have any significant changes to your student status, please notify the Financial Aid Office so that your aid package can be adjusted accordingly.
7. When will my statement be available to view on STAR?
Your account details will be available to view via the student portal on July 5, 2016.
8. Can I purchase my textbooks using financial aid?
If your financial aid exceeds your charges for the term, you can use financial aid to purchase textbooks by signing up through the STAR system. For instructions and program deadlines, please visit http://studentaccounts.wvu.edu/bookstore_programs
9. What should I do if the financial aid and/or scholarships I am supposed to receive are not noted on my account?
Please contact a WVU Tech financial aid counselor in the Financial Aid Office located in 205 Old Main (304-442-3228) to inquire about your Financial Aid and scholarships. As payment deadlines approach, it is best to go in person to discuss matters with a counselor.
10. What will happen if my bill is not paid by July 27 payment deadline?
Students who have not paid their Fall 2016 tution and fees in full by Wednesday, July 27th will incur a 1.5% late fee on outstanding tuition and fees equal to and/or greater than $200.
11. What forms of payment are accepted?
The preferred method of payment is electronic check or credit card payment via the STAR system. The WVU Tech Business Office located in 212 Old Main accepts checks, cash, money orders, traveler’s checks, and credit cards in person. A 2.25% processing fee will be added to all credit card payments.
12. How do I make a payment online?
Using the student’s username and password, log into the Student Portal. Click View Details in the Student Accounts box to the right. Click on Electronic Bill by Term/Make Payment and select a term. Video instructions for viewing, printing, and paying your bill may be found here.
13. In what situations are refunds issued to the student?
Refunds are issued to the student for one of the following reasons:
- Overpayment of account balance
- Financial Aid and/or scholarships have been awarded exceeding the term charges
- The student has paid for and then dropped a class within the add/drop deadline
- The student has withdrawn completed from the University and is entitled to a pro-rated refund per the refund schedule
14. If I am due a refund, how will it be issued?
In order to receive your refund, students need to sign up for eRefund here
15. I dropped a class after the add/drop deadline. Can I expect a refund?
After the add/drop date, a student must completely withdraw to qualify for a pro-rated refund as outlined here http://studentaccounts.wvu.edu/refunds/reduction_schedule
16. Where can I find the rates for tuition and fee charges to estimate my costs?
Tuition and fee rates including room and board can be found on the Tuition and Fees page